The leasing pages on What Car? are monitored and controlled by What Car? Leasing a 'Vertu Motors Third Limited Company'.
All of the deals within these pages are advertised by franchised dealers from around the UK.
Well its now December and the weather is already starting to dominate the news with recent floods, collapsed bridges and warnings of snow! 1st of December and I woke for the first time to ICE on my windscreen, where was my scraper? Where were my gloves? Has my washers got de-icer in? These are the questions most people face as the first freeze decends on their vehicles. However these minor setbacks are easily resolved with a quick search in the garage or kitchen cupboard and 5 minutes effort, but are you prepared for the real dangers that the cold weather brings?
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
The good news is we have a few tips to protect yourself through the winter months and reduce the risk of danger and inconvenience.
1. Breakdown Cover, do you have suitable breaksdown cover? Make sure you check its valid.
2. Make sure you keep warm clothes in the car, should you break down on a motorway or other busy road you will need to exit the vehicle and stay clear to remain safe. This could be very dangerous should you not be equiped with warm clothes, gloves and hats.
3. Get your local garage to give your car a winter check, this will ensure your car is prepared for the cold weather.
4. Stopping distances are reduced severely in bad weather and ICE, so keep your distance.
5. Give your self extra time, traffic in the winter is slower and accidents increase which effects travelling time, the effort to get up 30 minutes earlier can relieve the stress of winter driving.
Good luck and hopefully you will have a safe and enjoyable winter.